Do You Have What it Takes to Be Your Own Boss?
Do you have what it takes to be your own boss? If you’re highly motivated, flexible and have a passion for your product, being your own boss may be right for you.
Being flexible is about more than setting your own schedule—it’s also about being able to roll with the punches. As a business owner, you never know what each day is going to bring, and you need to be mentally equipped for the ups and downs of entrepreneurship. If you can easily adapt to getting the job done—regardless of what the day may throw your way—you may have what it takes to be your own boss.
Strong Work Ethic
Whether it’s hitting the road to stock your healthy vending machines at 6 a.m., researching customer preference or going above and beyond to establish relationships with your location managers, a strong work ethic can drive the success of your Healthy YOU Vending business. This can sometimes mean moving mountains to manage your responsibilities and grow your business. That said, the beauty of being your own boss is that you know exactly what your business goals are and what you need to do to stay motivated to achieve those goals.
Passion with a Purpose
Healthy YOU Vending gives business owners a rare opportunity to align their passions with a purpose AND a career. Good health IS good business. Entrepreneur.com notes that there are three common approaches to entrepreneurship: do what you know, do what others do and solve a common problem. A healthy vending business allows you to do all three at once, while answering these questions with passion and purpose:
- What am I building?
- Who will I serve?
- What promise am I making to my customers and myself?
Being your own healthy vending boss brings an opportunity to serve others, while building a future based on sound business practices and ideals that resonate with your soul.
Be a Decision Maker
Arguably the best thing about being your own boss? Being the decision-maker. This puts YOU in charge of your business and of your future. Sometimes decision-making is about data, sometimes it’s about intuition. If you thrive on making decisions and trusting in those decisions, you’re on your way to being your own boss.
Is Being Your Own Boss Worth It?
As with any venture in life, there are positives and negatives. Let’s take a look at some of the pros and cons of being your own boss.
- You get to call the shots. Without a boss to answer to—except yourself—you’re the primary decision-maker.
- Financial freedom. Whether you’re ready to quit your day job or are looking to start a side hustle, financial freedom is the ultimate goal for most business owners. With Healthy YOU Vending, there are no ongoing royalties or fees to pay after your initial investment, which means more money in your pocket from the start.
- Do what you love. Being your own boss means pursuing and profiting from your passions. You get to be the creator of a business built on your vision.
- Work-life balance. Sure, a lot goes into being your own boss but you also get to decide when, where and how you work. After all, you’re the boss.
- Variable paycheck. Financial freedom is the ultimate goal, but being your own boss may mean making financial sacrifices at the start. Luckily, with Healthy YOU Vending, you can begin to see potential right out of the gate. Since you own your machines and set your own prices, you determine your profit margin.
- Working longer hours. At least at first, as you get your business up and running. Just remember, the payoff is worth it in the end, as you get to be your own boss.
- Feeling like you’re winging it. There’s a lot of trial and error that goes into being your own boss. Look for mentors, connect with experts in your field and don’t be afraid to ask for help when you need it.
Your Own Boss but Never on Your Own
Honestly, it can feel overwhelming to start a small business, especially as a solopreneur. From marketing and sales to customer service to daily maintenance––sometimes it can feel like your business is running you. That’s why so many business owners look to franchising for a solution—but with that comes a certain loss of control––and isn’t being your own boss one of the primary reasons why you want to start your own business in the first place?
A business model like Healthy YOU Vending is a great compromise: you get the support of a franchise with the freedom of being your own boss. We don’t just sell healthy vending machines—we help people be the boss of their very own successful business.
When you own and operate a Healthy YOU Vending machine business, you get:
- Healthy YOUniversity two-day intensive training
- Lifetime coaching and support
- Machine location assistance
- Access to our 24/7 online support center
- A website for your business
The best part? You receive franchise-level support without the ongoing royalties and fees, and you’re in control of how you run your business. In other words, you’re your own boss. And it’s worth it.
Reap the Rewards
When you work for someone else, you may or may not be recognized for your accomplishments. Maybe you’ll get a pat on the back, maybe you’ll get a bonus, maybe your boss won’t ever acknowledge your success. When you are your own boss, on the other hand, there’s a great sense of personal satisfaction as your entire business reaps the benefits of your achievements. You may see your work-life balance level out, watch your business expand or benefit from an increase in income—either way, YOU decide what’s important to you in a personal and professional capacity, and YOU make it happen.
Being Your Own Boss Is Worth It
Owning a small business is one of the most rewarding things a person with an entrepreneurial spirit can do. Contact Healthy YOU Vending today to learn how you can get started on the road to being your own boss.