15 Quotes to Spark Your Entrepreneurial Spirit
Even the most successful Healthy YOU Vending operators need a little inspiration from time to time. From making the choice to start your own business to persevering when things don’t go as planned, a good business quote could be just what you need. We’ve compiled 15 quotes from successful business owners and visionaries to spark your entrepreneurial spirit!
1. “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” —Peter Drucker
Variations on this quote have been credited to everyone from 16th President Abraham Lincoln to Nobel Prize-winning scientist Dennis Gabor. (We’re crediting it here to one of the most influential thinkers on management, Peter Drucker, as it relates to business.) The one thing they all have in common? The persistent belief that if you want something, it’s up to you to make it happen.
2. “Don’t start a business. Find a problem. Solve a problem. The business comes second.” —Robert Herjavec
The greatest business successes address a need, whether that’s a service or a product. Chances are, if you’re looking at Healthy YOU Vending you already recognize the need for affordable access to healthy snacks in your community. Whether that’s placing healthy vending machines in schools or businesses, the demand for healthy vending options in place of traditional junk food continues to rise. You can meet that need—and we can help with placement for your Healthy YOU Vending machines.
3. “If you spot an opportunity and are really excited by it, throw yourself into it with everything you’ve got.” —Richard Branson
Do you live to work or work to live? Finding your niche and following your passion are important factors to being both happy and successful.
4. “A goal without a timeline is just a dream.” —Robert Herjavec
Every entrepreneur has a goal, but to reach it, you need a plan. Business leader and Shark Tank investor Robert Herjavec makes the list with another good business quote. He advises that creating a plan and setting a deadline for each goal helps you keep your vision clear and gives you something achievable to work toward.
5. “Make sure you pick good people to build your business with, as they’ll determine 80 percent of your success.” —Barbara Corcoran
A great support team is critical to any success, in business and in life. You can’t go wrong when you surround yourself with good people. At Healthy YOU Vending, we know that starting and operating a successful healthy vending business is easier when you have an experienced support team. That’s why our Lifetime Coaches are here to help.
6. “As an entrepreneur, you can always find a solution if you try hard enough.” —Lori Greiner
Every business faces challenges and sometimes they seem impossible to overcome. Hard work, perseverance and a sense of humor can go a long way toward finding solutions.
7. “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” —Wayne Gretzky
Still not sure if entrepreneurship is for you? It’s understandable to be worried about leaving your day job. But as your parents probably told you, if you don’t try you’ll never know. Starting a side business is a great way to stop sitting on the sidelines.
8. “Don’t put a ceiling on yourself.” —Oprah Winfrey
Create the opportunity you want, and every hurdle will be worth the jump. Sure, life gets in the way sometimes, but when you believe in yourself, you’re in control of your destiny.
9. “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.” —Warren Buffett
Since 1999, Healthy YOU Vending has built a reputation that you can rely on to grow and support a healthy vending business that YOU own—without starting from scratch. To further strengthen your healthy vending company’s reputation, build good relationships with the management at your machine locations and keep your machines well-stocked and well-maintained. Remote monitoring can remove the guesswork that comes with restocking your machine.
10. “One of the huge mistakes people make is that they try to force an interest on themselves. You don’t choose your passions; your passions choose you. —Jeff Bezos
Whether you’re into nutrition or embracing the fitness lifestyle or even just trying to eat a little healthier every day, starting a Healthy YOU Vending business can align with your values and the life that you want to live.
11. “As long as you’re going to be thinking anyway, think big.” —Donald Trump
Being an entrepreneur is for the dreamers—and the doers. The sky is the limit. No goal is too lofty if you are willing to dedicate yourself to accomplishing your dreams.
12. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” —Walt Disney
Starting a small business is a big decision. You can plan endlessly, from Plan A all the way to Plan Z. But it’s when you start taking action that your vision becomes a reality.
13. “If you don’t have big dreams and goals, you’ll end up working for someone that does.” —Unknown
Here at Healthy YOU Vending, we embrace those that don’t fit into a box. Instead of working for another employer or being part of a franchise, your healthy vending business is completely your own. You get to choose the details of your business and make it your own, letting your own aspirations shine through.
14. “Knowledge without action is meaningless.” —Abu Bakr
Awareness about eating healthy is at an all-time high. People across the U.S. are making the swap to healthier options for snacks, drinks and meals. However, many people still don’t have convenient access to healthy food options to make the transition. Be the one to take action and share healthy and delicious options with the people around you.
15. “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t—you’re right.” —Henry Ford
Hand in hand with the quote above, it’s up to you to decide where to take your business, when to give up and when to keep going. And when you need a little extra push, look for more good business quotes to inspire you.
Pick one (or more) of these quotes that speaks to your entrepreneurial spirit and keep it where you can see it—your bathroom mirror, your computer, your car—and let it lead you where you want to go! Learn more.